Twitter is a place full of strange and interesting things. While it’s usually a place for random, funny thoughts and memes, there are also threads like this one that actually make you think.
Author A.R. Moxon recently posted an epic Twitter thread where he laid out an alternate history and future where the roles of men and women have been reversed. Moxon’s thread makes it abundantly clear that although women have made a lot of headway in recent years, we still have a long way to go and history has been one-sided in terms of power, to say the least.
Here’s the tweet that started the conversation. Let it sink in…
45 male presidents in a row…wrap your head around that. And think of how it must feel to be on the other side and be accused of “identity politics” for simply wanting to have your voice heard.
Moxon continued with his conversation.
There’s no doubt there’s a whole lot of controversy surrounding the Supreme Court right now. How will it look in the next several years? What laws will be passed?
Think about this: women in the U.S. have had the privilege to vote FOR LESS THAN 100 YEARS. Pretty hard to believe when you think about it. When both of my grandmothers were born, women were not allowed to vote. Sobering.
Would that be ok? I think we all know the answer to that question.
And there was more…
These tweets are all crazy hypotheticals, but let it all sink in and think about what women have had to endure in our country.
A pretty powerful Twitter thread, don’t you think? Share your thoughts and feelings in the comments below.
The post Epic Twitter Thread Reverses the Roles of Women and Men Throughout History. This Is a Must-Read appeared first on UberFacts.
I’m hardly an expert on feminine care, but I know that whenever I’m in that aisle with my wife, the number of options is mind-boggling.
That said, even I know that there are two main options: pads and tampons. Every woman has a preference, and these 20 women weren’t afraid to discuss it.
1. TSS is no joke.
2. Well, that’s one reason why no tampons.
3. She’s not wrong!
4. Another common thing women say…
5. Why are women so afraid of tampons?
6. Some women actually do wear both…
7. Fair point!
8. Lots of people are with you!
10. Oh jeezus…
11. But why?
13. Maybe pull it out sooner?
14. I can see the first, but didn’t realize the second part was a thing…
15. That’s a BIG pad!
16. Well, at least she’s honest!
18. Right? I was thinking the same thing.
19. Everybody’s got their reasons…
20. This is true for something, but not others…
So… what is it? Tampons or pads?
Share this article and ask your friends!
The post Tampons Vs Pads: 20 Women Discuss Which Is Better appeared first on UberFacts.
What happens when you’re dating and your BFFs just can’t relate?
Well, you turn to Twitter immediately!
Because the tweeple out there are just friends you haven’t met yet, and they wise AF, will never judge you and they throw so many pearls of wisdom around, you’ll have enough for twenty truth necklaces.
Let’s read dem tweets, fam!
1. Yes, we did hug at the end. Who wants more details?
2. Is this one of those prank shows?
3. Oh no. No no no…
4. Yeah, don’t fly too close to the sun…
5. Just 623? Amateur…
6. She has a point…
If you didn’t relate to anything in that pile of wisdom, I don’t know what to tell you.
7. You just hope it’s lil ugly instead of big pretty…
8. Oh stop it! You wouldn’t make babies cry… much.
9. Oh you too? Hmmm, there’s a lot of us these days…
10. Why do our minds always go there?!?
11. And that trash patch in the middle of the ocean is massive!
12. But what if I don’t want a date right now…
13. lol just jk…
14. Damn… who do you hang around?
15. Yeah, but how big is that wall’s d**k?
16. So is that a fire sign or…?
Maybe look on Insta and following some influencers, because I got nothing more for ya.
The post 16 Tweets on Dating That Are Just So Damn Relatable appeared first on UberFacts.
Being a bride and planning your wedding is stressful AF, so you want everything that leads up to your wedding to be easy, and the bridal shower is key in that “less stress” equation.
But yeah, shit goes sideways a lot more often than you’d think and even the best planning can’t stop unforeseen problems.
These 20 people open up about the craziest stuff that took place at their bridal showers.
1. You spent an entire MONTH there?!
2. Yeah, she definitely should have waited.
3. Whoa! That’s cold.
4. Yeah, that makes no sense. Fuck her.
5. Come on grandma…
6. No, they didn’t.
8. That’s petty.
9. It doesn’t always have to be bad…
10. Well, that’s a weird turn of events.
11. You probably could have, but don’t look a gift horse in the mouth!
12. Ugh. Fuck that job.
13. Some problems are tougher than others…
14. Hey niece! Be nice!
15. Sad panda is sad…
16. Uh oh…
17. That is a weird look for a bridal shower…
19. Everybody’s relationships are different. Don’t assume anything.
20. Starting farting now!
So not all of them were complete nightmares, but how about that MIL throwing the SIL an entire bridal shower and then showing up with a $5 gift to anonymous’ shower?
That’s some gutsy shit right there!
The post 20 Absolutely Shocking Confessions About Bridal Showers appeared first on UberFacts.
Confession time: I’ve actually never attended a baby shower. I’m sure I will at some point, and after seeing these crazy confessions, I guess I’m semi-looking forward to enjoying the drama.
1. Just feel how you feel. Those emotions are all yours.
2. Dem hoes…
3. Nerd baby FTW!
4. Bless their lily white souls…
5. Wait… what?!?
6. This f**king guy! O_o
7. She’s going to need all the support she can get. Be there for her.
8. Oh snap.
10. So fabulously, profanely petty.
11. Just. Say. No.
12. Oh, this sucks…
14. Pro gift.
15. Divorce her immediately.
16. Not a bad point, tbh…
Shocking, yes. Surprising? Not really.
But that Grandmother-To-Be shower and then no baby shower for the mom is peak pettiness. How does something like that even happen?
The post 16 Baby Shower Confessions That Made Us Very Uncomfortable appeared first on UberFacts.
Many times in society, throughout the world, women feel as though they are unsafe when they’re walking anywhere alone.
With countless stories in the media, such as those part of the #MeToo and Times Up movements, have shined a light onto sexual assault and harassment–we truly get a sense of the dangers some women have when around men who can’t take “no for an answer.” If you ask any woman, anywhere in the world, if they’ve ever felt unsafe when walking alone–I guarantee you they’ll have a story (or five) of times they were followed, cat-called, or harassed by a man. But, instead of sharing stories that make you fear for your own safety, women have begun sharing stories of how women–mostly complete strangers–have saved them, helped them, or kept them away from attackers and stalkers in public.
Facebook user Alexis Tyler shared three Tumblr posts about women who had strangers help them out when they were being followed or harassed.
Each story shows the bravery of the women who saw another woman in danger and the gratefulness of the women who received protection from someone they had never even met before.
People on Facebook felt inspired to share their own stories of strangers who had saved them and their thankfulness.
God Bless the women of the world who say something when they see something–you make us all feel a little more safe in this dark, cruel world.
The post Women Share Stories of Times Complete Strangers Saved The Day appeared first on UberFacts.
The dating experiences for men and women can be VERY different.
Gender roles. Societal expectations. Basic sexual attraction. They all play a big role in who we date and what we expect. And keeping up with it all can be complicated and exhausting.
These 12 men share their struggles with dating and tips about how to treat a lady. And while some of this is eye opening… some of it is a bit douchey.
Hang on! It’s about to get weird in here.
2. Well, now you know how women feel, right?
3. This is what women say they want, so hopefully they do understand.
4. I know a lot of men who would disagree.
6. The background picture on this is amazing.
7. Hahaha, okay buddy.
8. I’m pretty sure women know…
9. And I bet they do the same to you, pal!
10. Another good test!
11. Seems like a bad test…
12. You know, this is completely cool. Good test!
Learn anything new?
The post 12 Guys Openly Share Secrets About Dating That Most People Wouldn’t Guess appeared first on UberFacts.
Have you ever been dating somebody and laid a little trap? You know, asked a question you knew how you wanted the other person to answer?
If you’re a guy, you’ve likely encountered this before, but ladies… guys are doing this to you too. After all, there’s a lot of stuff we want to know sooner rather than later.
Check out these 15 guys and see how they test their potential mates while on dates
1. TBH, a pretty good test.
2. So you want somebody who enjoys being mistreated?!
3. This is going above and beyond. Not fair.
4. Sure you do, buddy, sure you do…
5. Yeah, I’m sure there are a TON of gold diggers trying to grab you. Right…
6. This is such a double standard…
7. Oh boy, what a horrible problem…
8. Speed test!
9. What is with these gold diggers?
10. It has to go both ways. Everybody in a relationship has to give AND take.
11. They’re also probably not an alcoholic, so…
12. So what does she do?!?
13. Oh snap! Testing time is over!
14. This is a very bad test.
15. I can’t believe this is actually a test!
Oh shit, have I been tested before?!
I’m so self-conscious now!
The post 15 Guys Reveal the Dating “Tests” They Put Women Through appeared first on UberFacts.
English playwright Oscar Wilde once said, “Youth is wasted on the young.”
I often think about this quote when I ride in to work everyday and consider what I’ve done with my life. Because we had all that time! And what did we do with it? Eat gummy fruits and watch reruns? Why wasn’t I investing in stocks?!
Thankfully, there’s Twitter. Where comedians hang out and tweet funny shit that we can all relate to. Sure, it can be depressing to think about how your life has turned out so far, but at least we can all laugh at it.
Right? We can laugh at it?! It’s funny right?! RIGHT?!?!
I kid. Let’s have fun.
1. So much me. So much.
2. I enjoy “cooking”
3. 4 hours at least. 6 hours at the most.
4. What a pain!
5. I read lots of Böökes
6. Stop jumping! I want to get back on my feet!
7. Wait… how much is THAT?
8. Why doesn’t anybody stop me from doing these things?!
9. I didn’t ask for this!
10. Too expensive!
11. I scream! And… that’s it. I just scream.
13. Q: What do you want to be when you grow up? A: An employee, apparently.
14. Drugs help.
15. Time works differently now.
16. OMG. This is so true!
17. It’s basically Netflix. That’s my existence. Thanks.
18. Can I hire a domineering mom for another 5 years?
Okay, that settles it. Ice cream and thin mints for dinner.
To the dollar store!
The post 18 Tweets That Perfectly Capture the Struggle That Is Adulthood appeared first on UberFacts.
Ok, no. That’s not accurate, because NOTHING can make period cramps worth it. I obviously don’t know firsthand, but I definitely believe my wife when she tells me this every month. Her pain tolerance is WAY higher than mine, so if she’s hurting, I can’t even imagine how bad it must be.
Still, they say laughter is the best medicine, and these hilarious memes will at least ease the pain a little bit.
1. One or the other
2. It’s all good
3. They’re having a blast!
4. He knows what’s up
5. Why do you think?
6. Get outta here
7. Uh oh
8. Don’t sneeze!
9. Time to ruin your fun
10. Here it comes
11. Stay away
12. Can’t stop
14. The way it goes
18. Shut up!
19. A sad sight
20. When it rains…
Maybe these will make you feel just a little bit better.
The post 20 Period Memes That Almost Make the Cramps Worth It appeared first on UberFacts.